Questions: Sections 10-11
- The first English-speaking people in North Dakota came from where?
- Name some people with British Isles ancestry in early North Dakota history.
- Why was it easier for immigrants from the British Isles to adjust to the United States?
- What was another name for Bohemians?
- Areas around Belfield, Dickinson, and Wilton were settled by which eastern European immigrants?
- What was the main religion of the Arab-Americans?
- The Dutch were people who came from what country?
- The first non-Indian child born in North Dakota was a member of what race?
- Some Irish, Japanese, Italians, Chinese, and Greeks settled in North Dakota after working on what?
Critical Thinking Question
- If you had been Marie Downing, would you have given up your life in the British Royal Palace to homestead in North Dakota? Explain.