Questions: Sections 1-3
- According to Euro-Americans, when did the settlement of North Dakota begin? How long did it take North Dakota to become settled with Euro-Americans?
- How did the majority of the pioneers travel to North Dakota?
- Special trains that brought immigrants from Atlantic seaports to North Dakota were called what? Name the immigrant port of the United States.
- With the coming of railroads, what sprang up along the railroad lines?
- What were people called who bought land at a cheap price in order to make money selling it at a higher price?
- If a town did not develop as mapped out, what was it called?
- Who made the final decision on where a town would be located?
- What was the name of the business that rented horses and buggies?
Critical Thinking Question
- If you were opening a business in a pioneer town, what kind of business would you open? Explain.