Questions: Section 3
- Who was one of the first non-Indians to record a visit to North Dakota?
- What happened secretly in 1762?
- What nation won the French and Indian War?
- The Treaty of 1763 gave what part of North Dakota to Great Britain?
- After 1763, what country claimed the southwestern portion of North Dakota?
Critical Thinking Questions
- The French and Indian War was not fought between the French and Indians. Explain how this war got its name.
- What part of North Dakota was in the United States in 1763?