Questions: Sections 6-7
- In what present-day state did the Corps of Discovery spend the winter of 1805–06?
- What did Clark call Sakakawea when she was so helpful in finding trails and landmarks?
- What did Cruzatte accidentally do while he was hunting?
- What was the nickname that Clark gave Sakakawea on the journey?
- What was named after Sakakawea and Toussaint Charbonneau’s baby? Where is it located?
- A woman traveling with a baby was a sign of what?
- The site of Sakakawea’s Hidatsa home is now what National Historic Site?
- What is the name of the largest lake in North Dakota?
- What does “Sakakawea” mean?
Critical Thinking Question
- Do you think Cruzatte should have been hunting? Explain.