Questions: Sections 1-2
- What is the geologic time table?
- About how old is the earth?
- The scientific study of the earth is called what?
- Scientists who study the earth are called what?
- The geologic time table is divided into four main time periods called what?
- What is the oldest era?
- About how long did the Precambrian Era last?
- What kind of rock formed during the Precambrian Era?
- How was igneous rock formed?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Why were no animals living during the Precambrian Era?
- Why is the oldest rock found so far under the surface of the earth?