Questions: Section 4
- Name two of North Dakota’s main oilseed crops.
- What is the oil from flaxseed called when it is used in paint and other commercial uses? What is the flax fiber called that is used in cloth products?
- Which crop was developed by two scientists from Canada? How was it named? What state leads all others in the production of this crop? What is one of the most healthful cooking oils available?
- Name the two types of sunflowers. What direction do mature sunflower heads face?
- What crop has been raised in North Dakota for only about 50 years?
- Which cereal grain is used in over 3,500 food products? What is another name for this crop? What is the fuel that is made from this crop?
- Name some legumes grown in North Dakota. Which one is commonly used as a substitute for meat?
- Which crop contains high amounts of sucrose? In which region of the state is this crop primarily grown?
Critical Thinking Question
- If you were to pick a favorite North Dakota food crop, which one would it be? Explain.