Questions: Section 5
- What is alternative agriculture?
- How do most farmers replace nutrients in the soil? How do organic farmers replace nutrients?
- Name three advantages of no-till farming.
- Name two ways that no-till farmers can control weeds.
- What are hobby farms mainly used for? What is their average size?
- Name a setting where many market gardeners sell their produce.
Critical Thinking Question
- Why do some people like to buy their produce at a farmers’ market rather than at a grocery store?