Questions: Sections 1-4
- About how many farms and ranches does North Dakota have? What percent of the total land area of the state is used for agriculture?
- Name some food products manufactured in North Dakota.
- Name the most common fuels used in agriculture. What are they made from? What is North Dakota’s ranking among the states in its production?
- What is the most common plant used in North Dakota to produce biofuels? Name the major biofuel produced in the state.
- Name the main oil crops used in the production of biodiesel.
- How many people could the average farmer feed in 1900? Today?
- Where do farmers often mount GPS receivers? Why?
- How do farmers prepare for the complex business of farming?
Critical Thinking Question
- Do you tend to be more pro (for) or more con (against) concerning ethanol use? Give reasons to defend your position.