Questions: Section 4
- Who led a group of about 200 settlers and gold seekers through North Dakota in 1864?
- What temporary fort had six-foot-high sod walls surrounding it?
- A white flag is a symbol of what?
- Name the teenager who was captured by Lakota warriors and held captive for five months.
- When writing a letter for Lakota warriors demanding guns, what did Fanny Kelly include in the letter?
Critical Thinking Question
- Give examples of Fanny Kelly’s intelligence in saving herself and Fort Rice. What are some other things you might have done if you had been in her place?